- How do I choose in between .Org, .Net, .Com ? Â Shall I have a Keyword stuffed Fashion Blogs Name ? What about a domain name with Dashes and Hyphenations? Where do I check if my Domain Name is still available in the different Social Media ? Shall I use any Catchy Words for Prefix or Suffix ?
Whether you are starting a Â New Business or you want to Re-Brand your Fashion Blogs, the whole domain naming strategy is pretty complicated to research. It Â needs a lot of read and understanding of complicated algorithms. You can check The Open Algorithm, a very interesting Blog.
Want to do it yourself, but need direction form an Expert? After reading Zillions of Articles, Blogs and books, I have put together this Article. A complete review with honest and constructive suggestions on how you can fix the most common doubts.
- Shall I choose Â a Fashion Blogs Name best matching my Brand or by choosing the highest Ranking Keywords?
The best advice I can give you, is to choose a Brand Name, which is Short and Catchy and to secure a Domain Name which exactly matches your Brand.
The Domain name has to be easy to remember and as you would need to do some Web marketing, it would be a good idea to verify that the name is actually available as a Username in the main Social Media. You can check the username Availability at Multiple Social Networking Sites by usingÂ namechk.com
- Who Manages the whole Domain Name Business?
As you probably know, Â the world Generic Domain Names System is maintainedÂ by ICANN the Internet Corporation For Assigned Names And Numbers.Â This includes 22 generic categories including: .com, .net, .org, .mil, jobs, name, travel, pro. Some of these domain names are restricted because registration within them requires proof of eligibility.
- Which are the Generic Top Level DomainNames that exist ?Â
The GTLN ( generic top level names ) which exists are 22: Asia, Biz, Cat, Com, Coop, Edu, Gov, Info, Int, Jobs, Mil, Mob, Museum, Name, Net, Org, Pro, Tel, Xxx
Since 2011, the Generic Domain names may be sponsored by big Brand capable to splurge huge Marketing Budgets.Â For $185,000, businesses can apply to have their own branded domain names, such as .apple, .google and .facebook names. However this doesnâ€™t seems to have any weight on SEO and Ranking results.
- Which Extension should I register ? .Net, .Org, .ly, ?
Without any doubt the only extention to register is the .com extension followed eventually by the local domain name extention (Country code top level domains â€“ ccTLDs) Â if you intend to promote your business regionally.Â There is no need to register any other extention such as .co, .tv, .jobs, .net as they donâ€™t have any ranking benefits.
- Lately I see a lot of .ly! Â It is actually very Cuteâ€¦.
Yes it is very Catchy and you do great Marketing about it: Sil.ly, Love.ly, .. It is the Geographical domain extension for Lybiaâ€¦A lot of nice Slogans and Taglines can be created.
- Is it Important to have an Exact Match Domain name with a very High ranking Keyword ?
The Exact Match Domain names are known to be the best Domain names because they will astronomically increase the chances that the site will show up on the first page of the search results for a specific keyword search.Â However the website should be as well â€œoptimizedâ€ for that keyword phrase. Just purchasing an Exact Match Domain name is not enough. If you can find a Domain name with an exact Catchy Phrases in it, Â you should definitely buy it!
- If I get Â an Exact Match Domain Name will I get all the Traffic ?Â
No unless you properly Optimize your Key Terms.
- If the Fashion Blog Domain Name I would like to register is not available, what are my Options?
If the name that you would like to register is not availableÂ you should try add the Dashes in between two words. It has been proved that Google consider the dashes as a space. So for example if www.catchyphrases.com is not available you can always register www.glam-marketing.com
This is a good Practice as well for longer domain name, that needs a dash in between words for better readability. An example: catchy-phrases-and-slogans.com
- I have heard a lot of things about Domain Names with Dashes and Hyphens, what is the Best Practice?
The hyphenated domains with underscores must be avoided as they are considered Spam by Google. So when choosing a domain name, either go with a single keyword domain or have multiple keyword(s) separated by dashes.
- What are the Best Practices for registering a DomainName with Prefixes and Suffixes?Â
An another option if you want to stick to the initially-chosen domain name, is to add Prefixes or the Suffixes such as:
1.News-related terms (news, diary, today)
2.How-to-related terms (guide, basics, tips)
3.Product-related terms (review, store, discount).
A good advice would be by registering your domain name starting with the prefix 1st. This will help you when submitting your website to directories, as they normally classify on alphabetical order.
Â -Â How Much Weight has a Domain Name with a Keyword + a Prefix or a Suffix Â
Not that much. But better than Nothing at all.
- How can I choose the Best High ranking keywords for my domain Name ?
I have written an entire post about it. You can learn how to select the best Keywords.
- Wow, thatâ€™s a lot of information. Can you briefly summarize the most important Guidelines?
If you choose the correct domain name in the first place, Â the whole SEO process will be much easier.Â To summarize, when it comes to search engine optimization, keep in mind that itâ€™s only an Exact Matching Domain Name in the .COM extension thatâ€™s going to make any difference. Consequently it doesnâ€™t make any SEO sense to purchase other domain names with the intentionÂ to redirect them to your main site.
Leave a Comment:
Which Fashion Blog Domain Registration Best Practice would you like to share Â ? Anything that you would like to add to the list ? Â Share with us in a comment.