In order to Grow Twitter Followers, you need to focus on few basic Principles. Content is King even in Twitterville. write tweets that are useful and interesting, retweet posts that you find good. Try to avoid pointless messaging and above all avoid spam.
First of all: Are You creating your niche properly on Twitter? It is very important to define the focus of your tweets, what make them worth to open it, to read them and to share them.
First thing: Choose an Audience not a Topic
In order to draft a successful editorial line, you must decide to whom you are going to talk in all your tweets, in this way you can discover their needs, their trigger buttons, their interests. By choosing an audience, you will be able to address exactly some target Markets. By targeting a Topic you wonâ€™t be able to win any Audience.
Number Two: Choose the Topics
Write about subjects you are Passionate about, but make sure that your Readers want to read them too. If they donâ€™t, you are just wasting your time!
Become a Topics Detective by reading through Keyword searches. You will be able to understand what people are actually looking for, when on Google. This will be a very good starting point for putting together your Editorial line.
Now is time to know the basics about Twitter
- Donâ€™t send direct messages to anybody you donâ€™t personally know, as you could be Blocked after only 5 Direct Tweets
- Donâ€™t follow and un-follow too many people at one, you could be blocked
- Your Tweets will be only 140 characters long, if you want them to be re-tweeted, make them shorter.
- Donâ€™t tweet more than 4 times a day, otherwise your tweets will be diluted
- Donâ€™t write only about your products. People will be soon bored!
- It has been proved that Tweets with Pictures gets higher engagement; so try to put a Picture with every tweet.
- Make sure that the subjects of your pictures are intriguing, the background looks professional and the subject of your picture is well lit.
- I would suggest you to prepare a series of Pictures well in advanced, matching the purpose of your Editorial line, so that you can automate the Postings.
- Edit your pictures. Smartphones, Photoshop and Other Programs available on the Internet can help enhance your shot.
- Use Hash tags. Used correctly, twitter hash tags are the fastest and easiest way to connect on Twitter. No more than 2 per Tweet.
- Hash tags are used to:
- Display Emotions ( #Glam),
- Identify a Brand (#Swarovski),
- Recommending a Product ( #BestRead)
- Connecting with Like Minded People ( #FashionBloggers)
- Finding Experets (#AskPR)
- If you donâ€™t know the definitions of some Hashtags you can browse http://tagdef.com/
- For some Hashtags Analytics, to understand with Hash is better to follow, or is more powerful, you can start using : http://www.hashtracking.com/
- Identify the Hash tags related to your Audience
- Build your presence on Twitter with a nice Background, Timeline and Profile Picture, and catchy Bios. Remember that you have only few seconds to make a good impression.
- The best time to engage with Twitter is to do it during Working time: 8AM â€“ 7PM.
- Best Days according to Statistics are Sunday and Monday. When People have the Time to properly follow up.
- Shorten all the URLs ( there are many services available from tiny url to Google)
- If you want people to Retweet your Messages: ask for it. Clearly Write Pls Retweet. ( Just RT doesn’t really engage…)
Start with the right foot:RetweetÂ
- Start by Retweet as much as you can BUT only interesting posts. By re-tweeting, you will build goodwill with your followers. If you retweet good content, you will become someone to follow.
- Every time you retweet, the originator is notified of your message. This mean, that that specific person being retweeted will get the message in their â€œ@ repliesâ€ inbox.
- This will increase the chances, one day, that he/she might start to follow you or they may very well return the favor and retweet some of your more interesting tweets!
Now my favourite Techniques is: Rewteet with Comments
While you can take the Shortcut and jut hit the Retweet button, I think that it is more constructive when you retweet with comment. By doing this you will be able to Praise the Authors of articles that you have genuinely liked, and by writing constructive comments, you will be able to build Authority. Becoming an Authority means you’re wanting to position yourself to solve your readers problems and frustrations.
Check out a list of 25 Catchy Re-Tweet Posts, ready to use for you:
- Great Stuff:
- An Other Fantastic Post by @ â€¦Â via @ â€¦
- Loved this post from @ â€¦. On â€¦
- This Blog from @ â€¦ is Fantastic.
- I watched all the â€¦â€¦. Btw.
- Fantastic Post by @… Insightful and Practical.
- A fantastic post on How to â€¦
- Love @ â€¦â€™s tips on â€¦
- Check out this great Post: â€¦
- What a treat @ â€¦ Illustrates â€¦ and â€¦
- Great, Great Post: â€¦
- How to â€¦ @ â€¦ shows some great info in this post â€¦
- Just bought a copy of â€¦ Merveilleux! My copy is already full of Post-it!
- Great Inspirational Blog Post for anyone wanting to take the next step: â€¦
- Great Post this one!
- Extremely useful tip from @
- Very useful info here @
- Today Fashion blogger Tips:
- The secret of â€¦. By @ â€¦ via â€¦
- Consistency, Branding and more tips on how to make your Blog Succesful @ â€¦
- @… reveals More athan 50 tips to improve conversion in â€¦
- Check out this simple tips that will enable â€¦. Via @
- Want to be a great â€¦ ? Follow these tips for success via @
- Donâ€™t miss this â€¦ with @..and @…
Remember that the key of a successful Â Social Media Campaign is the degree you ” Influence” Â your Followers. A very good read is ” The principles of Influence ” by Dr. Robert Cialdini :
The principles are:Â
Be the First to give : Service, Information, Concessions. People like those who like them. With Praise for Example.
- Emphasize genuine Scarcity, Unique Features and Exclusive informations. People want more of what they can have less of.
- Establish your Authority, showing your Knowledge
- Start Small and Build.
- Make Friends to Influence People with similarities. People needs Social Proof.
Over to you now … Please Retweet this Post!
Leave us a Comment: How do you Re-tweet ? Do Often Praise Bloggers Â when they have written some interesting Articles ? What are your Strategies ? Â Share with us in a Comment.