Â Getting Started with WordPress the Easy way:
Before you Install WordPress to your own domain name, there are few things to know and to prepare.
- Download the latest version of WordPress, from WordPress.org
- Create a Secure password. You will use this password for your MySQL, FTP and eventually WordPress admin section. You can generate a Secure PasswordÂ Generators.
- Download a FTP Client. There are many very good FTP clients, but for the purpose of Installing wordpress Â I use Filezilla.
- You wonâ€™t be able to install WordPress, unless you have a text editor. I use Dreamweaver
- Make sure you have an Internet connection
Installing WordPress on your Webshost:
Remember that WordPress requires MySQL, for this reason the domain name for your Blog must beÂ hosted on a LINUX Server.
- Go into your Hosting service and Create a FTP User
- Take note of your FTP Password and FTP Address
- Create the MySQL user inside your Linux account
- Take note of the MySQL Database Name
- MySQL Host name
- MySQL User name
- Double check that your Hosting packageÂ has â€œcURL enabledâ€ and â€œPHP 5.4â€ or higher version
What I find very useful is to create a Word document with the following fields:
Host name :
User name :
FTP UserÂ :
FTP PasswordÂ :
FTP AddressÂ :
WordPressÂ AddressÂ :
WordPress IDÂ :
WordPress PasswordÂ :
So that when I start installing wordpress, I have all information ready and on hand.
Leave us a comment: Without the items I have listed above , you won’t be able to Install WordPress. I am sure thera re other things to consider, what is your advice ? Leave us a comment